Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hello one and all!

Okay, I forgot to try out the new thing I was going to try. The problem I have a lot of the time once I get here to type my emails is that I tend to forget what it is I want to say. I get here in front of the computer and just.... sit. And think. Think. Think. Think.
"And the noise. All the noise, noise, noise, noise." Do you remember what that's from?
haha, but anyway, so I wanted to try to go throughout the week, and if I happened to see something, or think of something I wanted to tell all you about, I would write it down and make a list. That way by the time I got here to write you, I could get you a nice looong page in a jiffy. But lo, I forgot. Now I am stuck here thinking again. 
One thing I can easily remember though is the rain this week. Though we never got caught out in it, it came down super hard. One morning I woke up at about 5 something from my dream about bombs and war, to find the cause of these explosion-y dreams was due to the rain crashing hard on our metal roof. I attached a picture of the wall of our room. here you can see the water coming down the wall of our bedroom. our landlord said he would get a guy to come fix it soon, so we'll see how that goes. It wasn't too bad though, turns out humans are waterproof (who knew?). honestly though by the time we went out to work, the rain had stopped. Still though, the results of the rain stained the town still. In one area, the whole everything is just water. I attached another picture of one path we took. We ended up just walking through the water up to our ankles due to no other way. It's all right though, it makes a cool story I suppose. That was early last week, and even still to today there are some really muddy paths. One member told us that the water by her house gets calf deep in the heat of the season, so that should be fun. I'll let you know how that goes. 
As far as all the things.. the things are good. I got a letter from Eric this week. As I opened the letter, I got a bunch of hair all over my pants. He put his hair in it. And it made a mess all over my pants. Nice letter though.
Honestly though, the work is going well. We are still pushing for a lot of retention with our Recent converts right now, which we have seen some success there. 
Our mission President, President Adams, will be coming up here to Mahajanga this weekend. Hopefully the package you sent will be there in the office by then, so that he can bring it up. If not I might not get it before Christmas, but we'll see. It'll be the best no matter when I get it though. But yeah, we are looking forward to the president coming a lot. This branch up here is doing good, and I think his guidance for them will help them become even better and stronger. Elder Fox and I really put in our elbow grease as we cleaned this morning. We even cleaned the shelves in the fridge, so you know we were thorough. 

Well I think that about does it for this time. 
I don't know if I really wrote anything worthwhile today, haha. I hope all you enjoy it anyway!
Catch me again next week ;D

Elder CAPSLOCK BERGERA




No comments:

Post a Comment