Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hello Mother!
All is going well here in Mahajanga. We woke up today to a very humid day, so you know that's good. 
The thing about living in a two person house as a missionary is that it is nice because the house stays pretty clean for longer, and if there is, for example, a mess that you didn't do, you know who did haha. The bummer about it is though on P-Day morning it takes longer to clean. A millepede once said 'many hands make light work,' and oh how right he was, which is why living in a two man house also has it's downfalls. Don't you worry though, Elder Fox and I are in tip top shape with our cleaning. We cleaned and swept the house as good as a whistle this morning.
I honestly feel like this may have been one of the fastest weeks of my life as of yet. I don't know, I just really feel like last p-day was yesterday. It's so weird. 
Today we will be buying stuff at the nice store Score Jumbo for our Thanksgiving feast. We decided, rather than to cook a turkey, to grill up some burgers instead, so that's what we'll do. We will also be going the extra mile and buying a liter of ice cream for the occasion. Ice cream isn't to cheap here, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for Thanksgiving. It should be a real hoot of a time, and I am thoroughly excited. 
I don't know what it is like over there for all your northern hemispherers, but down here in the south things are getting wacky. The sun is getting up way early like I remembered from when I first got here, and it doesn't get dark until about 7ish, which is later than normal. I can tell that Christmas is on it's way. Honestly I can't though.. no one has told me Merry Christmas yet, but they do have christmas trees for sell at the aforementioned store. I may buy one perhaps once the yule tide greetings are a bit more yule-y.
I attached a photo of the back of Elder Fox's head and a little path close to our house. Where we live the whole plot is like a lot little blocks. It's pretty cool but way confusing for about the first month. The second photo is of those shoe insoles I had you send me. These two are from my birthday package I got in August. So pretty much if you ever feel like sending me any every 3 months or so, I'll be happy. The two from the last package are holding up great though, so don't worry. 
I am thankful to be in Mahajanga.
I am thankful to finally be understanding the Old Testament (sort of).
I am thankful to you all who read my letters every week. 
Feno fankasitrahana aho ho an'ny vary sy kabaka.

Thank you everyone.

See you next time on... the mish.

Elder Bergeraaaaa



No comments:

Post a Comment