Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hello Janet/Mom, 
Austin/Son here, clocking in for my weekly report. Wow.. that's weird. It's weird to be called Austin, haha. 
Anywho, enough of that.
So how are the things going down there? Elder Fox and I were actually walked down the street, when we went to a little épicerie store and bought something. I cannot recall what we bought, maybe candy or perhaps water. Candy water even. The lady started talking to us in French, and we told her we didn't understand that, but Malagasy. She kind of did what some more upper-class people do and spoke really slow, weird malagasy mixed with french, thinking we'd understand it better. That's what they'll do sometimes if they don't think we understand malagasy too well. I accepted and tried to some contact with her, and what I did catch is some news about a hurricane having hit America, and how bad it is. Elder Fox and I didn't know if we should believe her, but we decided we would, and now I see it is true! 
There is some talk floating around here as well all about the US Elections. Of course us missionaries don't get into those type of heated discussions, but it's just been interesting to see how small the world is sometimes. Several people have asked me whether I have voted or not, which I have to tell them no of course. I guess I should've gotten one of those ballot things prepared before.. oops. Oh well, only four more years until the next one, right? I am sure I will found out who will be the next president before too long. 
This week though has been good. We have just been working really hard and covering all of Mahajanga, haha. We got a exclusive sneak peek at the 2012-2013 rainy season last night, way seek. It looks like we'll be having a good season on our hands. Last year put up a real good fight, so we'll see what this year has in store for us. It's always exciting to wonder if you'll get 'tratra' (caught) in the rain, or if you'll make it dry another day. I don't think that it is legitly in the actually rainy season yet, I think there is another month and a half until full-force, but we are catching the head end anyway. Way fun. We'll see how we do. Last year, all my shoes, jacket, backpack, etc was brand new. Nice and rainproof. This time it could get a little more exciting. "Don't carry anything with you that you couldn't handle getting wet" I always say.
Other than that though, it's been a pretty normal, hard-working week. 
We have two baptisms coming up this week. Two teenage girls, Elodie and Rebeka, have been super diligent these past few months, and so they will be taking the next step into baptisms this week. And on that same saturday also, we will be finished the section of conference that we didn't get to finish last time we tried watching it. The power goes out here too.
That's all folks!

Elder Bergera/Son

No comments:

Post a Comment