Monday, April 2, 2012

I may or may not be able to email next week. You see, this easter is sunday, and that means the next day is easter monday. In america, you wouldn't really give that day a second thought, but from what I have heard so far, it's suuuper crazy here. I am super stoked! But that also means that all of the cybers will most likely be closed hosting parties. So I probably won't be able to email. Who knows though, we will see.
I don't have a ton of time to email today either. We went down to an area called Ambositra. Right now two missionaries work there, and it is the woodworking capital of the world. It took a little bit less than two hours to get there this morning, and the first thing we did was hike up to a waterfall! It was ssoooo hot. It's supposed to become winter here pretty soon, and up here in the mountains, it apparently gets pretty cold! Too bad it wasn't cold today. The water fall was sweet though, I'll send you pictures later though, for I left my camera in the car.
Another great thing about Ambositra is we found a restaurant that had soft serve ice cream! As far as Ambositra goes, there is pretty much cool wood stuff, and that's about it. That's the word from the other missionaries, and I believed it, haha, it didn't look like much was going on. BUT, the ice cream heaven. They do have ice cream at La Gastros, the pizza place, but it's not to-die-for. It's not soft serve. THIS was. Oh, it was way good.
ALSO, I found a wooden owl for your collection, and I bought it. The wooden stuff in Ambositra quite impressed me. Tons of sweet wooden trinkets and pretty much wooden stuff. I didn't really spend to much, I feel like this mission has turned me really stingy with my money. Honestly, the owl really isn't a super special looking wooden owl, just, kind of a small wooden owl. But I got it anyway, so just know that. I figured I would have to have something to repay you for the cookies, which I am still waiting patiently for. :3
Well I think I don't really have too much to say this week.. sorry, a bit short.
Okay, one more little sweet thing.
Uh...
Cow tongue is all-right.
Okay, I love you all
Goodbye,
Elder Smelly-Pits (cause the deodorant I bought here isn't too de-odorant-y)

ps how was conference? I think we have to wait a few weeks to watch it. we must wait for the malagasy translation to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment