Monday, October 17, 2011

And he writes!

On Friday we got our first letter from Elder Bergera, he writes...

"Dear Family,

Guess what!? They're letting us send a letter off on the second day! My normal p-day will be tuesday (I think), so get used to that.

When they said you'll be working all day, they weren't kidding! haha my host kept telling me that a week here feels like 2 days.

My first companion is Elder Fox from Nebraska! haha they did this orientation meeting where they asked people to stand as they called different countries/states, and they forgot Nebraska. Poor Elder Fox didn't get to stand. Utah had plenty of Elders though.

I saw Eric for about three seconds by my Malagasy room. He just gave me a hand shake-hug and kept going. I saw Chase during lunch and we sat next to each other. We got to talk for the duration of lunch, which was nice! His companion is from Virginia, just a couple of white boys headed to Zimbabwe!

Right after I showed up here and went through all the necessary things, my host brought me to my class room, but upon arrival we couldn't find my teacher, so I helped him host another new kid. Turns out the new kid was from Salem (I'm not super familiar with him, but I recognized him). Anyway, I got to feel like an old pro showing this kid what to do. It felt good!

(Brittany) I shared that quote ("There is no physical pain, no anguish of soul, no suffering of spirit, no infirmity or weakness that you or I ever experience during this mortal journey that the Savior did not experience first. You and I in a moment of weakness may cry out, 'No one understands. No one knows.' No human being, perhaps, knows. But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for He felt and bore our burdens before we ever did." ~ Elder David A. Bednar) that you gave me with my roommates cause it fit perfectly with something we needed earlier. One Elder (Elder Landon) took it and borrowed it so he could write it down. So, just know your quote got appreciated!

Anyway, thank you all for your letters and your great support you have shown.

My toe already feels better, so let's hope that it heals.

By the way, those little notes have not gone unnoticed. I notice each one. Each one.

Okay, that all for now.

Austin Bergera."

No comments:

Post a Comment