Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hey Mom!
haha, 'the magic of counting' haha. I appreciate you not giving me the number, but it's all right though now. Elder Aloi just typed something on his email about how many days I have left and he made sure that I saw it, haha. That little goof ball. It's okay though. I'm not trunky, haha. I'll be honest though, when I saw that '30' there on his screen... wow. It really hit me how completely quick that will come. Seriously. Thrity days is nothing. It's like on 'Supersize Me.' That was a good thirty days of eating just straight McDonalds. Now I am starting my 'Supersize Me' of sorts, only I won't be physically eating anything for a month, but rather feasting on this great place I have been able to serve for this past while. Hopefully I'll be able to keep running this next month so I won't really be supersized by the time I get home. 
We've been doing good this past week though. We have been wearing our house in well, and that is to say that we've gotten all moved in and comfortable now. We spent a good part of the morning today cleaning and tiding up the place. I said it this morning and I will say it again, I am slightly looking forward to the time I don't have to share a house with six guys. Maybe I will have to anyway at college or whatever, so it's fine, but really though. It is a bit annoying sometimes living with so many dudes. Guys aren't really the cleanest specimens on this planet. It really is fun though, so I can't say I don't like it, but there are just some of those days where it gets really annoying mess-wise.
Thank you for the picture by the way, haha. It was like seeing myself lying in my own bed in a month, but not. Weiiird. Twilight zone even. I even zoomed in to that little tiny picture to show a couple of missionaries what I looked like at Graduation. Missionaries and members here are always way surprised when they see pictures of me with long hair. It's the funniest. They always ask me too how long it took me to grow it out, which I never quite know what to say to quite honestly. I just tell them that I didn't really get a hair cut in high school, which is more or less true. Some people are fans of it, some aren't... I guess some things never change! They always ask me if I will grow it out that long again, and to that I also have no idea what to tell them.
I will be growing my beard out. Sometime. It is too thick now not to. There is still some bare patches inbetween my moustache and my chin, but that's okay. That is what we call a Jack Sparrow beard. 
Enough about beards though. The work here is going pretty well. We are finally starting to be less depended on here in the office with the Clowards getting cozy in their office chairs, and now we are back out working and preaching hard again. It's fun. Even though going out and contacting can seem intimidating sometimes, it is honestly way fun to me for some reason. The people here are just so easy to talk to. You can just astonish just about anyone being white and speaking malagasy. That can be dangerous too when talking about preaching the gospel, for a lot of people will want to just talk to you and try to learn english. Not that that is such a huge concern, but when really just wanting to bring souls to Christ, it can be a bit hard. Especially when they let you in the house and start taking the discussions, but their real motive is really just to learn English. Elder Fox and I got caught on that hardcore with this kid named Benjamin in Mahajanga. He was a way nice, cool guy, but he just wanted to learn English. We found some pretty promising people yesterday though. One is actually the sister-in-law to one of the members in our ward, and we just happened to run into her at a little epicerie yesterday (we weren't buying anything, we just woo'd them to speak to us with our Malagasy).
Long story short though, it is going pretty good here. It is a bit over-whelming at times that I will only be here for *gulp* thirty more days. And by overwhelming I just mean, well, a lot of mixed feelings! The second half of a mission goes by a lot faster than the first. A million times faster. I'm pretty sure I already told you this once, but I honestly cannot fathom that nearly a year has passed since I first went to Mahajanga. That doesn't even seem possible.
I feel blessed like crazy to have the opportunity to serve here. I still have a month left to serve and I am happy to do it, the good and the bad.
My tapa-bolana companion Elder Lambson told me in an email I got today:

"Live it up, cause you'll be missing it for the rest of your life afterwards :)"
Oh yeah. Isn't that the truth!
Okay, next week!

ELder BErgera

No comments:

Post a Comment